What is "Copyright?"
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of United Kingdom to the creators of "original works," including literary, musical, artistic, dramatic and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works.
Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 Act in the United Kingdom
gives the owner (the creator) of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorise others to do the following:
· To reproduce the work
· To prepare derivative works based upon the work
· To display the work publicly
· To distribute copies of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
It is illegal for anyone to violate any of the rights provided by the copyright law to the owner of copyright.
· Merna Liddawi legally owns and reserves all rights to her intellectual property, which is under the protection of UK copyright laws.
· It is a violation of UK and international Copyright law to reproduce, or copy, Merna Liddawi’s images, writings, or trademarks.
· Federal and international copyright laws strictly prohibit reproduction, of any kind, without prior written authorization.
· This means it is illegal to print or electronically copy any image or text on mernaliddawi.com
· If you own an original work of art or a print, you ONLY own that. You do not own the license, nor do you have the right, to reproduce, or copy, Merna Liddawi’s intellectual property in any way.
· If you reproduce Merna Liddawi’s intellectual property, without Merna Liddawi’s written consent, you are guilty of copyright infringement and this is a violation of UK and international copyright law.